Thursday, June 16, 2005

"Blessed is the man ... his delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalm 1:1-3

What a life worth living!
Planted by streams of water (A life of FAVOR ... planted in a wonderful place)
Yields fruit in season (A life of PURPOSE ... doing what I was designed to do)
Leaf does not wither (A life with STAYING POWER ... able to keep going)
Whatever he does prospers (A life of SUCCESS ... accomplishing great things)

Now I'm not a "prosperity gospel" type person but it seems clear from the psalmist that the key to a life of FAVOR-PURPOSE-STAYING POWER-SUCCESS is found by delighting myself in the law of the Lord and meditating on it day and night. His Word ... His Way becomes my stream of water which works through me to yield fruit, sustain me, and give me life ... life at its best.

So what is that keeps me from really soaking up His Word - His presence? I know that this is why I find myself uprooting where He has planted me ... why my fruit at times seem so weak and spotted ... why I sometimes feel like a sickly, leafless tree in a late autumn windstorm.

The answer ... simple meditate on the law of God day and night.
Living it out with consistancy ... obviously easier said than done.

But, here I go again God. Not more effort - but hopefully more abiding.
Thank you for being a gentle gardener!

No comments: